Valentine’s Day Dessert Board
Tis the season of love and we’re celebrating with a Valentine’s day dessert board. This dessert board is full of fruit, candy, cookies, and salty snacks, and finished off with some pink roses. There’s a little something for everybody. It’s kid-friendly, customizable for food restrictions, and easy to throw together last minute. Wow your guests and delight your little ones with this Valentine’s day dessert board full of heart-shaped sweet treats.
What you’ll need to make a Valentine’s day dessert board
It’s nice to have a mixture of healthy sweets to balance out the processed sweets. Also add something crunchy to round out the textures of the soft fruit.
- Fresh Fruit: fresh fruit adds pretty, natural colours to a dessert board. Blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries all work well for Valentine’s day.
- Chocolate covered pretzels: create your own chocolate covered pretzels by dipping into melted white or dark chocolate. Or, pick up a bag at the grocery store.
- Popcorn: Kettle corn to stay in the theme of sweets, but there are all sorts of flavored popcorn you can use depending on your creative direction. The popcorn adds a nice, crunchy texture to balance out the soft fruit.
- Cookies: search your local grocery store’s bakery section for holiday-themed cookies.
- Candy: Check Bulk Barn, grocery stores, or the Dollar Store for Valentine’s day themed twists on classic candy staples.
- Fresh flowers: while not edible, arranging fresh flowers to complete the look of a charcuterie board. Make sure to trimmed off the stems, and arranged on the outer edges of the board.
Whether you’re going for sweet, savory, or a mixture of both, remember to keep it colorful and full of different flavors and textures.