How To Prepare For The Holidays
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… cue the music! The holidays are just around the corner – this means gift shopping, sending holiday cards, baking delicious treats and, of course, holiday parties! A lot of prep work goes into hosting friends and family at your home. It’s best to have everything in order ahead of time to avoid last-minute trips to the store and scrambling to get things finished. If you’re wondering how to prepare for the holidays, here are five tips that are sure to get your name on the Nice List.
- Prepare the linen closet: If you plan to host guests overnight (last minute, or not) make sure you have fresh linens prepared for the guest room. You want your guests to feel right at home and taken care of during their stay. As an added bonus, consider creating a welcome basket full of everyday essentials like water, gum and the house Wi-Fi password.
- Have entertainment on deck: Instead of relying on television as a primary source of entertainment, ensure your guests know that there are other options available, like board games or holiday cookie decorating.
- Stock up the bar cart: Everyone has their favourites! To avoid guests settling for something they don’t enjoy, the bar cart should be stacked with plenty of options. Consider taking requests a couple of weeks in advance.
- Do your food shopping early: Before things get too busy, get your food shopping done ahead of time. The best way to know if you’re in need of something specific is to take a photo of your fridge contents and pantry before heading out to the grocery store.
- Have everything delivered: Since you’ll be busy preparing for the party, have things like food, drinks, decorations and gifts delivered to you, so that all you need to think about is preparing your home for the big day.
Preparing your home for the holidays to entertain guests can feel overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be! Become the “host with the most” by following these useful tips to ensure a smooth preparation plan and a happy holiday party.
Have any Questions
We're here for you!